I always find this one of the more boring parts of putting a quilt together, so I just added one block to each row before I moved on to more interesting things.
Cutting up some of my big stack of recycled shirt fabrics!
My cut strips are on the left-hand side of the cutting mat, in the top photo. I am using Bonnie K. Hunter's Scrap User's System, to which I have added a 4th strip size--4 1/2". This seems to be a very usable size to me, playing well with the 2 1/2" and 1 1/2" strips, and making 12" blocks more achievable from scraps.
I am loving this system, as well as the fun of finding and cutting up used men's shirts. It's an addiction...but a very affordable one, so I'm not being too hard on myself!
I had a little help from my two charming and adorable stepdaughters.
And from that little pile of strings there in front of the flowers, I couldn't resist making a little 6 1/2" string block.