Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Weekend Progress

I worked on my Star Struck blocks this weekend, perfecting my stitch-and-flip technique on those 2 1/2" corner triangles.  Here's the stacks of block parts, one stack with corner triangles attached, and one still awaiting the blue-green triangle.  And behind that, the big pile of chain-pieced units!


Of course, because I am an impatient quilter, I had to stitch together a couple of blocks and then put those together.  You can see them on the left-hand side of my messy  creatively chaotic bulletin board.

I also put together the four little string blocks I made--those are on the lower right.


Here's a close-up.  As you can see, I'm not too attached to the idea of the strings running parallel to each other.  Lots of my strings are angled, and if I run short in one area, well, I just smack something else on there!  In the lower right-hand block you can see that I used a "string" that was a leftover from the Scrappy Trip Around the World blocks you can see above.


These sure are a lot of fun to play with.  I foresee a whole quilt made up of these in my future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment