I worked on my Star Struck blocks this weekend, perfecting my stitch-and-flip technique on those 2 1/2" corner triangles. Here's the stacks of block parts, one stack with corner triangles attached, and one still awaiting the blue-green triangle. And behind that, the big pile of chain-pieced units!
Of course, because I am an impatient quilter, I had to stitch together a couple of blocks and then put those together. You can see them on the left-hand side of my
I also put together the four little string blocks I made--those are on the lower right.
Here's a close-up. As you can see, I'm not too attached to the idea of the strings running parallel to each other. Lots of my strings are angled, and if I run short in one area, well, I just smack something else on there! In the lower right-hand block you can see that I used a "string" that was a leftover from the Scrappy Trip Around the World blocks you can see above.
These sure are a lot of fun to play with. I foresee a whole quilt made up of these in my future.