Today's challenge was to "Create Layers."
Here is my entry:
This is something I've been thinking about a lot lately: Do I want to be healed? What am I without all my neuroses, fear, and anger? What does a life without those things look like? Do I have the courage to embrace that life?
- I started with a ground layer of Gelatos scribbled on the page and then lightly blended with a brush dipped in water.
- Then I collaged pieces of tissue paper and other papers around the outside of the page, leaving the center clear to show the Gelato coloring.
- The image was stamped from the Smeared Ink rubber set "Lost Dreams" with permanent ink and colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers.
- I hand-lettered the words in the center and around the outside with permanent Sharpie markers, adding highlights with a white gel pen. (If you look closely in the close-up, you can see the pencil marks I made laying out the center lettering. I left them there because I like to see the process and the "hand" of the artist.)
- Last, I added the fussy-cut figure and gave the whole page a brush with a thin layer of home-made Mod Podge. (Elmer's glue mixed with a little water.)
Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear any comments you have!