Wednesday, May 11, 2016

A Lazy Day

I've spent an extraordinarily lazy day today, not doing much of anything!  I am re-reading Game of Thrones, so I spent some time reading and then I took a nap!  This evening my husband Chris and I went to the grocery store and out to eat, and then when we got home I did a little more string piecing.


Here you can see how I've pulled off the paper from the back before pressing and squaring up.


In this picture you can see the little bowtie blocks that I'm using as my leader/ender project (a la Bonnie Hunter) lurking under the string blocks.


These little blocks are so fun, and they allow me to use scraps that otherwise would probably be thrown away.  Right now I'm just having fun making blocks, and not really thinking about how I'm going to set them into a quilt.  I already have some sewn together, so I may just continue on in that same vein, setting them side by side with no sashings or cornerstones.  I'm hoping they will look rather like a basketweave when finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment