Thursday, April 21, 2016

A Happy Evening in the Studio

I spent a happy evening in my studio this evening, doing a little painting, making a couple of cards, and working in my art journals.

I added another layer of paint to these two paintings, again using an old gift card to apply the paint.  I really like the way these are shaping up.  I'll have to think about what to do next.  I may do a little sanding on the top one, since it is on board.


I really like the way the orange and yellow layers I added tonight are transparent on this one.


 I added some of the same paint colors to this art journal spread--you can see that this is where I use up my paint!


Then I made a couple of cards, using some tag bases I had made several months ago and adding some stamps by Stampin' Up.  These came out rather Christmas-y, which I had not really intended, but I like the effect of these two cards.


Oh, and I trimmed the edges of the quilt I've been working on; I finished quilting it last night.  Now to get a binding on--I have to think about what sort of binding would look good.  Maybe just a scrappy binding, since it is a scrappy quilt.  I'm still not sure whether or not I'm keeping this quilt for myself, or am going to send it to my son.  I'll have to see whether it's really long enough for him, since he is 6'2".

No comments:

Post a Comment