Saturday, April 16, 2016

A Productive Saturday

Today I worked a little bit more on my quilt.  I find I can't quilt too long or the quality of my quilting suffers and I get too tight and tensed up in my shoulders.  I have to remind myself periodically to relax!

I got the urge to spread the quilt out and view it as a whole; I've been feeling like the quilt top has really been shifting and spreading out of true, and I wanted to see if it really looked that way when viewed as a whole rather than as one little area at a time.  I don't think it looks too bad!  In any case, it is a scrap quilt, not meant as a showpiece, so I am not going to be too critical.



I just have one more corner to finish quilting; if you look closely at the pictures above you can see the safety pins in the upper corner.



I'm really liking the texture of the quilting over the entire surface of the top.

I also worked today on the Blossom Towel.  I'm on the last color of backstitching--the leaves and the curly tendrils.  This addition has really changed the look of the design.  I'm really happy with this one!



Happy Saturday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment