Thursday, October 15, 2015

A Set of Halloween Cards

Today is Day 15 of Smeared Ink's annual October-long extravaganza, 31 Days of Halloween!  We've made it halfway!

Today I have a set of very simple cards to share; I've been watching a lot of videos by The Frugal Crafter, Lindsay Weirich, and getting lots of great ideas to use in my own art-making and crafting.  I saw one of her videos the other day in which she used an entire sheet of 12 x 12 inch scrapbooking paper, cut up, in a set of simple cards.  (She used stamping and other elements in the cards as well.)  I thought this was such a good idea that I decided to explore it a bit myself.  Of course, being me, I couldn't just do it the way she did--I had to change it up a bit!  So I picked out three pieces of 12 x 12 inch paper and set to.  This is one of the sets I came up with.






The details:
1.  Pumpkin Harvest rubber stamp from I Brake for Stamps, stamped on Neenah with Lyra Aquacolor water soluble wax crayons
3.  Ribbons by Berwick and CraftSmart

Thanks for stopping by today; see you again tomorrow!  To follow the entire blog hop, please see the blog roll in the right-hand sidebar.

11 comments:

  1. What a pretty little set! Love the pumpkins. I had no idea you could stamp with water soluble crayons. (must try). Love the ribbon snippets, too. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab set - so loving the background too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great CAS design, loving the ribbons and watercolored look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and what a faBOOlous collection of cards you came up with too! So glad you enjoyed watching Lindsay's videos, we are proud she's a Lost Coast Designs DT member ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. whenever I see a project I want to try - I immediately start thinking about how to change it to my taste or to the supplies I have on hand.
    I love your cards. Each one is changed enough that you don't realize that the stamp is the same.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great set of cards - love the pumpkin stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watch her also she is thrifty, her voice makes me nervous though lol I love your beautiful set of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to create card sets! Love the papers you choose to work with... they compliment each other. A really fun set of cards and EASY! I am going to have to check out the video's! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete