Monday, October 19, 2015

Batty Cat

Today is Day 19 of Smeared Ink's annual October-long blog hop, the 31 Days of Halloween!  If you're following the hop from day to day, welcome back to my blog!

Today I have two cards to show you; they feature the same image by Molly Harrison.  I wasn't entirely happy with my coloring on the first one, so I gave it another go with a different medium.



The first card is colored with watercolor pencils, the second with alcohol markers.

The details:
1.  "Batty Cat" image by Molly Harrison, printed on Neenah and colored with watercolor pencils and alcohol markers (I use three different brands and find that they all play quite nicely together.)
2.  DCWV Neutrals cardstock, embossed with a Darice embossing folder and sanded
3.  Craftsmart ribbon
4.  Alphabet rubber stamp set Serendipity by Hero Arts

That's it for me today!  Thanks for stopping by!  If you're following the entire hop, you can find the blog roll in the right-hand sidebar.

12 comments:

  1. I love them both, the first one looks more of a water effect, were the second one is more vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful but the second one I just love, awesome embossing giving texture and great coloring

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 wicked cool versions each with their own best qualities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are fabulous..loving that embossing background paper xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The change in background colour really makes them different

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are both very pretty. Each has better qualities than the other.
    I'd take either one.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant image! Love how you have changed the background for the second!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards, love the image... I was wondering (did you use water with the water color pencils?) Really like that tried different techniques with the same image. Using the same colors and getting such a different effects!!! AWESOME!!!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I colored the image with my watercolor pencils and then used a small brush dipped in water to liquefy the color. I wasn't too happy with the blue background, and because I wasn't using watercolor paper it became overworked.

      Delete
  9. Both are beautiful, but I'm a sucker for fussy cutting and love the textural background of the second. xxD

    ReplyDelete